Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Still Waiting to O?!

I know I'm only on CD 11 but I feel like time is going by incredibly slow. I think it has something to do with me starting to feel hopeful this cycle (more hopeful than normal.. yikes). That and the fact that I am just really over winter. I want green grass, blue skies, warm weather, and sunshine!

I always thought January was the longest month ever. Now I'm starting to think it's February. I also am wondering if waiting to O is taking this long, how long is the 2WW going to feel.

I also am trying to hone in on why I am feeling more hopeful this cycle than other cycles. I am trying to bring it down a notch or two as I don't want to get too outta control as that will mean a bigger let down on CD 1 (or 10dpo) if when the dreaded spotting returns. 

The other thing I am loving about this cycle... I think my skin is finally starting to calm down a little bit. Probably since September or October I have been getting horrible break outs on my back/jaw area. I don't just mean a little pimple here or there. I am talking painful cystic like acne on both sides of my mouth. Nothing I tried worked to get rid of it even just a little bit. It got to the point where I seriously considered going back on birth control because I felt so self conscious about it.

I started noticing at the end of last cycle it was subsiding a little bit. Right now I have a few smaller pimples in that same area but nothing like the big painful ones that were there before. I also am still dealing with the red marks left over from a few months ago. I bought the Clinique Acne Solutions Post Blemish Formula. I haven't noticed a difference yet, but some of the reviews I read said they didn't notice a difference until after using a full 2 tubes. I just started using the 2nd tube today.


I hope it works. I also think tanning may help but I don't want to get skin cancer just to get rid of some acne spots on my face. So tanning is out.

Sometimes I wonder if the acne and the spotting is my body still regulating after birth control. I wish I knew the answer to this question because I really feel like it would help me relax a little bit.

4 comments:

  1. My guess is that the spotting is BC-related. My first couple of periods after stopping the pill were light and short, but had a couple of days of spotting after the bleeding stopped. Then, out of nowhere, this cycle (#5) I started spotting on CD14 and it lasted until CD17.

    And I hear you on waiting to O feeling like an eternity. It's CD22 for me and I had hoped for a +OPK by now. Guess the cycles aren't getting any shorter after all. Stupid pills.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your TTC History tab. Probably should have read that before commenting. The short LPs could very well be birth control related but since they're still not getting any longer, it's probably good that you're getting it checked out. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starting to think it's BC related more and more, I just hope I can get back to "normal" soon! I am happy that my doctor is ok with testing for this right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to hear the acne lets up at some point! I've been off BCP about 7 months, & my acne has been horrible these last few months especially, errrr, I hate it so much! I feel you about being self-conscious too, I really miss having good skin!

    ReplyDelete