Monday, January 28, 2013

Regrets?

I try to live my life positively, and without regrets so when my husband, Matt, asked me the other day if there was anything I regretted or wished we had done differently in our TTC journey so far I didn't want to admit that yes, there is something I regret, and I do wish we had done something differently. Just one thing though.

I wish that I had gone off of birth control a lot earlier than I did. It's so deeply ingrained into a person that if you go off birth control you're going to end up pregnant. Although I had an inkling that it wouldn't happen for Matt and I right away, we didn't want to chance it, we wanted to start trying in the fall and that was that. We decided after we got married that I would stay on birth control for the remainder of the summer. I would have one last summer of fun and Matt could relax knowing we wouldn't be having a baby before we truly planned.

Knowing what I know now, I would have gone off birth control the day after our wedding. I could have started charting in order to avoid and all would have been well. At the end of the day it truly wouldn't have been a big deal to either of us if we had gotten pregnant earlier than we planned. There was no rhyme or reason to staying on birth control, or trying to prevent. We had talked it over before we got married and decided that the fall would lead to a spring or summer baby and that's what we wanted. Turns out, when you are TTC it doesn't actually matter what season you have a baby. All that matters is that you have a baby.

So there you have it folks, my one regret over the last 9 months. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment