Sunday, January 27, 2013

And So It Begins...

I kept telling myself that I would start a blog if we made it to cycle 6 and weren't pregnant. We got married in May and decided we would start trying in the fall. "In the fall" turned into August (that's 'fall' enough, right?) because I think deep down I knew it wasn't going to happen for us right away which made me anxious. I just couldn't wait any longer and thankfully hubby was on board. I really wanted a spring/summer baby so we thought this was a good time to start.

I said before that I didn't think it would happen for us right away but I had hoped I was just telling myself that so that when it did happen right away I'd be really surprised. No such luck. With each passing month you can't help but feel like it's not going to happen and that something is definitely wrong because you don't know anyone (IRL) who had to try for more than 2 months to get pregnant. For the record, I know it's possible absolutely nothing is wrong, I'm just saying, this is what it feels like each month for me.

We decided I would stop using birth control in mid July and we would start trying in August. I've never been more excited for anything in my whole life. We are so ready to bring a life into this world and be the best parents. When it didn't happen that cycle I thought fine, how many people does it really happen for on the first try anyway?! We wanted to take the "just do it and see what happens approach" before we started using OPK's (Ovulation Predictor Kits) and charting my BBT (Basal Body Temperature). After the August cycle I decided that living in the world of waiting to see what happens just wasn't for me. I happily logged on to Amazon purchased some OPK's and a BBT. No more living in the world of the unknown.

I think some people are hesitant to start charting or using OPK's because they feel as though it may cause them more stress, who needs more stress during this crazy process? For me though, it doesn't stress me out. It actually makes me feel more at ease. I like knowing exactly when I can test, or when I am to expect my period (or not -hopefully), and also when I can expect the dreaded spotting to start (this deserves a post of it's own). I was obsessed with charting at first, checking my chart at random points during the day as if something might change without me inputting any new information. Hehe, I'm not like this anymore though I do find charting pretty interesting!

Our goal is to get so good at charting that I never have to go back on hormonal birth control ever again. So glad hubs agrees with this as well. I can't help but feel like maybe being on birth control has caused some of these issues I think I have (real or not real).

So here I am on CD 1 of cycle 6. Wishing & hoping & thinking & praying that maybe this is our lucky month and maybe just maybe this will turn into a pregnancy blog instead of a TTC blog. Fingers crossed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment