Saturday, March 2, 2013

Remember When I Said...

On to cycle 7? Well. I was wrong.

I am in complete and total shock right now. I definitely thought I was out when I started spotting on Tuesday. I started to get slightly hopeful on Monday after I got my blood drawn. I went back to work and though out the day I had what I can only describe as a fluttering/muscle spasm sensation in the area where my uterus is. I didn't think I was pregnant because of this muscle spasm like feeling, I just thought it was strange that I'd never felt that before. My boobs were still hurting and I thought they'd be back to normal at that point too so that was giving me a little hope. And then on Tuesday I started spotting and was preparing for cycle 7.

Still thinking that I'm out and preparing for the spotting to continue I went to work on Wednesday but noticed that I didn't really spot at all. I still thought that we were done. Thursday I had just a little spotting and on Friday it was pretty much back to nothing. I thought that was weird but again, I still thought that we were on to the next cycle.

This morning I got up to temp and my temp went up just ever so slightly. Normally it's on a downward spiral so I laid in bed for 30 minutes debating whether or not I would take a test. Finally I just decided to do it because I've seen negative tests before and I already thought it wasn't my cycle so I thought I wouldn't be too disappointed by a negative test. I PIAC and dipped a Wondfo. After about a minute I wasn't seeing anything so I dumped the rest of the pee. I came back to the Wondfo and there was just the faintest of faint lines. I took a picture of it and was going to send it to my BFF Kelli just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I thought better of it though because it was 6am and her daughter had a tummy bug yesterday and I knew she'd either be sleeping or just plain exhausted. By the time the 5 minute mark rolled around there was no question as to whether or not a line was there. I was mad that I dumped the rest of my pee because I couldn't confirm on a FRER.

Now I'm sitting on the bathroom floor in shock. There's a line. I am pregnant. How do I tell Matt? Do I do what I've been planning, wrap the onesie and books I'd purchased months ago and send him on his scavenger hunt? Would he know something was up? He'd fallen asleep on the couch watching TV last night so I grabbed the Wondfo, went down stairs, sat on the edge of the couch, tapped him until he woke up, and said, "What are you doing?" He groggily woke up and said, "Huh? I'm sleeping. What does it look like I'm doing?"

I explained to him that I temped earlier that morning and that my temperature went up when I was fully expecting it to go down. He still not fully awake just agreed with me that it was strange. I told him that I took a test and that it had two lines. He opened his eyes and said, "Two lines on the pregnancy test? Are you sure?" He turned on the light and I handed him the test. Two lines!!

I still am having a hard time believing it. The only "symptoms" I currently have are sore boobs and have been peeing like crazy, but that's normal for me so I try not to count that.

According to FF my EDD is 11/10/13.

AHHHH! Is this real?!

5 comments:

  1. That is awesome!! Congratulations!! I saw your BFP post on TB but didn't remember that the username was you. D'oh! Very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congratulations, Mandy!! So happy for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, congrats, this is awesome!! How exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete